Thursday, September 4, 2008




It is hard for me to believe a year ago this past Sunday, marked the beginning of our journey to Asheville. It was last year this time that I was sitting in our new church building for the dedication service. I was watching a video of pictures from the last six years of our church's history. Nathan and I joined Fellowship Bible Church very soon after it was started, but we were not apart of that initial group of church planters. I was watching pictures of those awesome families meeting in the Old English Inn. It really got me thinking about how neat it must be for them to see how God had blessed this church and their desire to start a church unique from all others in Jackson. I was so touched to see how far our church had come over the last six years. To see how many families it had ministered to, how many lives in the community it had touched, and it all started with a few families who had a passion to build a church that would reach out into the community and be a light in a dark world. I realized that this was my passion too. We had been praying that God would use our family, but yet I was unwilling to let go of my securtiy to do this. For the first time I felt my walls of resistance crumble. I felt like God was saying "You don't need to rule anything out until you have discussed it with me!" Ouch! I realized at that moment that I had been against moving for several reasons, but not once had I asked God what he wanted or asked Nathan what his desire was for our family! After that service I told Nathan about my change of heart. He had been feeling the same way, and couldn't believe my change of heart! We begin to pray for God's direction and it lead us to Asheville.From that moment on our life has been full of ups and downs, highs and lows, doubts and affirmations, fear and excitement! It has been a wild and sometimes hard road that God has placed us on, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! I know this next year will be full of its own share of ups and downs, highs and lows, doubts and affirmations, fear and excitement, but I can't wait to see what God has in store for Fellowship Asheville. I can't wait to see what God's role will be for Nathan and I in this new adventure and I feel so blessed and humbled to get to be apart of His work in Asheville!
draft
11:37:00 AM
by Perkins
Delete
Edit


Homeschooling
draft

1 comment:

Amy-Jo said...

HEy Allene. So glad to read what's going on in your life. Love it. Didn't know you had a blog. YAY!