Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bittersweet Trip Home


This past weekend, Nathan, the girls, and I went to Illinois to celebrate my brother's birthday and to say goodbye. It was so good to be able to spend one last weekend with him before he deploys. We originally were going to go home the weekend that he deploys for his send off. He requested we come earlier, because he will not really get to spend much time with us that weekend. He will have to spend most of his weekend with the families of the men he oversees. He said he would rather have us come when he would be able to spend time with us. I really hate I am missing his send off. It is hard knowing I won't be there, but I am thankful for the quality time we had together by going up this past weekend. Saturday we spent the day in the pool and then we celebrated his birthday that night with my parents, Rebecca and Rebecca's parents. Sunday night was his going away party. He had a really good turn out and it was good to see some familiar faces from high school. Sunday morning we had to leave :( It was VERY hard to say goodbye, but hopefully the year will fly by and he will be home before we know it!

No comments: